Friday, August 26, 2011

Teaching and Coaching

Well here it is again, all too quickly, Friday... This week was another action packed week. I had a full schedule of teaching and coaching. As far as teaching I have the most random classes that I teach. I teach across four sections of school. I teach in the ELC (preschool 3-5 year olds), elementary (K, 1, 2, 3, 4), middle (grade 6), and high school (grade 9) health and PE. I absolutely love all of my classes, the students are great, they listen, participate, and are very knowledgeable about sport and fitness.
I am also coaching the Boys Varsity and JV Tennis team, which is an experience all in it's self... I have never coached tennis before, let alone played tennis at any level above recreational. I am lucky that the kids are so nice and easy going. The Girls tennis coach is also new to tennis and PE at YIS so we are both in the same boat which makes things a little easier... at least we have are newness in common.
Tonight I went to Tokyo with a friend. We just ate dinner and walked around all the shops near Shibuya. This is the view from the Starbucks overlooking one of the busiest street crossings in the world. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!Sounds like a schedule that you can't get bored with! I had a great first week with my kids, too. I'll be teaching them PE so we'll be in touch about that! Love you!

    Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete