Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend in Yokohama

This was a great weekend in Yokohama. Saturday I walked to the Red Brick and walked around the Ukulele Festival. I had a yummy star fruit snack and listened to some lovely Ukulele.
Later I walked around and found the coolest store ever! It is a Home Center, and it is basically a Walmart on steroids. They had everything from lumber to clothing to food to armadillos. I will be going there later today to get some plants and maybe a fish...
Sunday was great I went to Yokohama Grace Bible Church. The church service was delivered in English and Japanese. After church the pastor's wife introduced me to some other women about my age and we went out for lunch and coffee after church, I ended up not getting home until almost 5pm.
 Overall a great weekend and off to a great week, we have some school stuff to do, but nothing too rigorous.

1 comment:

  1. In all my travels I never saw an armadillo in a store! What an adventure already! The teacher I was telling you about at your school is Kim Cofino. If you need anything tech, She's your go-to for cool ideas.

    ReplyDelete