Monday, August 15, 2011

Week Two

This week in Yokohama was filled with new learning experiences. First at school, we had some short meetings to introduce new staff to how things at school run. Most of these meetings were done around noonish. Which was a great start, I found that it was easier to get going into the full swing of beginning of the year meetings after the little teaser meetings. Most afternoons I found myself wondering around Yokohama. I found the "free" zoo on Friday,  which was a little depressing... too many animals to small of cages. But if was free... Saturday I went and set off fireworks (hanabi) with some friends from church. Sunday I went to the same church again and then went out to eat with my church friends. Overall it was a great week in Yokohama! Monday we started into the full swing of school meetings... It's always fun being new at school... I think it's funny the new people all stand up and get introduced, so all the old staff knows who you are, but you don't have a clue about anyone else... But all the staff is very friendly, I think it will be a great school year! After meetings today (or during one... but who's keeping track) we had a little staff football (soccer) game. There were about 10 people playing, it was fun, but it was really hot and humid! Overall off to a great start at YIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment